My Patterns

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My March Madness!


March is quickly coming to an end and it's time to share my February Blocks from the Ravelry 2015 Bam Cal Group.
This is the March Main block called Emma Lynn designed by Carolyn Christmas.  It was designed especially for this crochet-along group.  What a fun pattern to make with well written instructions. 

This one is the February Filler Square called Sprio Star.  It was designed by Helen Shrimpton who is a new designer on Ravelry.  This pattern seemed to be a favorite of the group as it has a uniquely textured design.

Last but definitely not least is this cute little 6" square called Bobby Flower designed by Mad Blanketer.
The 2015 Ravelry Block-a-Month Crochet-Along Group has been such fun for me.  It is so nice to get on the discussion threads and see everyone else's squares and all the variety one pattern can produce!  I feel I have become quite addicted to crocheting since joining.  It's so nice to make something completely new each time!  I'm pretty sure I have developed OCD...Obsessive CROCHET Disorder!
Apparently I am finding it impossible to stop at just 2 squares a month...so.....I just had to make more....and more... Thus "My March Madness."  Here are a few others I have done this month outside the Cal group.
 This one is called Lotus Pavillions also designed by Helen Shrimpton.  Obviously Helen is a VERY talented designer!  I look forward to seeing a lot more from her in the future!

This pretty design is by Marta Chrzanowska and is called Flower Tile Afghan Square.

This block is designed by Jessica Phillips and is called Roadside Flower.


This Beauty was designed by "e" Lee is called Starburst Flower Mandala



Here is the beautiful Crocodile Flower Pattern designed by Joyce Lewis which I made last month but had not posted yet...


And this is how my blanket is shaping up.  I am already thinking about how I want to join it all together when I am done with all the squares.
If you are interested in joining the Ravelry 2015 BamCal Group it is never too late.  All the info can be found on the above link.  If you would like links to any of these patterns just click on the Ravelry button on the right side of my blog page and it will take you to my Ravelry Project Page where you can see all my projects with information on the yarn and hook size I used and links to the patterns.

Next I have got to share with you my Sophies Universe Cal project.  I'm finished through Part 10 of this Mystery Crochet along featured on http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/
  This blanket pattern is designed by Dedri Uys and is probably the most addictive project I have ever worked on.  Like the Bam Cal blocks, this project never gets boring!  Each round is a new adventure!  It's very hard to put down...my poor family cringe when they see me working on it because it generally means fast food take out for supper! The Cal has 20 parts, with a new part being released  every week.  The final project is slatted to be done at the end of May.  Boy will I  go into withdrawal this summer!  Thousands of crocheters are working on this project and every blanket is a work of art!
Also, like the Bam Cal group, it is never too late to start this project.  But I warn you... it is hard to stop it once you start! 
Information on the yarn and hook size that I am using can also be found on my Ravelry Project Page here.

I have had a busy Crochet month!  I haven't forgotten my Christmas 2015 project.  Here are a couple more ornament patterns that I have worked up.
These adorable little bumble bees were designed by Janet McMahon of Yellow Pink and Sparkly.


These cute little mushrooms are a Drops Design

Information on materials and pattern links for these ornaments can also be found on my Ravelry Project Page.

I can't wait for the April BamCal blocks to come out which I will be sharing very soon!
Blessings my Friends and Happy Springtime!!!!














9 comments:

  1. Both of your CALs are fantastic, I especially like the squares and the colours that you are using! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a treat to see your squares, your colour choices are lovely. The extra squares you have made are very beautiful, you're right in saying that the monthly squares are not enough. I can't wait for the April patterns to be released.
    I've just joined in with the Sophie's Universe CAL. Like you, I'm finding it totally addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet! I loved, loved, loved making your little bee pattern. It's my favorite ornament!

      Delete
  3. I am in aw! Everything is perfect, I love how you mix colors and the beautiful work you do. Please share at my 2 days Link up .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a pretty blanket your making and those ornaments well... so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your color placement on these beautiful square's is awesome that is what makes the square in my humble opinion. Your work inspires me thank you!

    ReplyDelete